“Business has only two functions: Marketing and Innovation.” – Milan Kundera
When you are in business, the chances of you creatively applying new ideas for success are high and so are the stakes! For the company to be at its very best performance, it takes an Innovator. It will take someone to fearlessly lead in a way to achieve what has never been done before.
If you want to increase your productivity and become an innovative champion at home or on the go, there’s a few simple things you can add to your daily routine.
#1. Start The Day Off With True Hydration
Believe it or not, the single, most commonly overlooked daily routine is proper hydration.
Most of the time, the first thing we do when we rise and shine is rush to the kitchen for a cup o’ joe to jumpstart us on our busy day. Perhaps, your limousine service already has an energy drink awaiting your entry as you dive nose deep in double checking over the reports you wrote for your meeting today. Soon, the caffeine will wear off and the water loss from your sleep begins to catch up to you.
Dehydration causes a foggy brain effect and increases the chances of you losing focus, in turn, hindering your innovative ideas and ability to express them, while the mixture of contents in the beverages we choose for a quick pick-me-up leaves us quite imbalanced.
A fantastic way to begin the day…
Hold your focus, practice some self-care from our super busy lives and create room for innovative thinking is to add a dash of Himalayan Pink Salt and squirt a wedge of fresh lemon in to your morning water or your daily cup you carry.
- The benefits of Pink Salt include increasing hydration, supplying the body with 84 needed (and usually lacking) minerals, as well as regulating your metabolism which when under stress, needs regulation. Additionally, the lemon assists in aromatherapy effects to energize and awaken you, while balancing the pH of your inner-workings so that your body is doing less and your mind can do more!
- If there’s any one thing an innovator requires, is the ability to think quickly on their feet and focus on creatively finding a solution to any problem at hand and with proper hydration, it comes easier than ever!
#2. Juice Into Creativity
There’s a big juicing craze and it’s here for a reason! Often, as business professionals, we are so busy we don’t have the luxury of time to stop and eat. In fact, when we do eat, it’s most likely something quick we can pick up from a shop because we’re on the go.
But there’s a peculiar gateway with juicing your breakfast or any meal/snack you would like.
Instead of stopping for take-out: you can stop at the market to grab a few of your favorite fruits and/or veggies. Contrary to heating up the oven for a store bought dinner, you can spend 5 minutes cooling down with a nutrient dense juice.
Try A Green Juice That’ll Replace Coffee:
8 stalks celery
1 generous handful of kale
1 handful spinach
1 handful parsley
1/4 lemon (With rind for that additional boost)
1-inch piece ginger
Blend it all together & enjoy! The perfect drink for any business professional on the go!
The really awesome thing that links innovation and juicing together is how you have to get creative with your juices. You can make several at a time for the days ahead. It gives you this new boost of inspiration, getting all those original neurons firing off with excitement.
Not only is adding juicing to your daily routine going to be fruitful for your ingenious ideas, but also has tremendous health benefits, such as: providing you with vitamins, minerals and nutrients from the plants at the most bioavailability and this will continue to keep you at the top of your game.
# 3. Spend At Least 30 Minutes Per Day In Nature
Beep Beep Dee Beep! Alarm clock sounds. Wake up and get motivated! The day has arrived.
Rushing to get out of the door in the morning to your car or limousine for business travel is a hectic experience. You may catch the sunrise on the way out, but with the talk radio and hundreds of thoughts of preparedness, it’s almost impossible to really enjoy it.
- Whether you are an Entrepreneur and create your own schedule or you work for a big firm and sit at a desk for hours on end, you can still take a moment to recharge and get re-inspired just like the most successful innovators do.
- Spending 30 minutes per day in nature is one of the most beneficial things an Innovator can do to increase their positive mindset, to reconnect with themselves, because that is where the juicy ideas come from and to find inspiration for these new ideas. A study was done, that found exactly how spending time out in nature affects us in a beneficial way.
Some of those advantages are:
- Cellular maintenance and potential to decrease cancer cells from generating, Breathing in not only fresh oxygen but compounds of essential oils that come off of the trees which inhibit an anti-stress/anti-anxiety effect, reducing nearsightedness for better vision and an increased short term memory.
- Just 30 minutes of sunlight per day provides the body with healthy production of 2 very important hormones that determine how well we work and survive everyday, Serotonin and Melatonin.
Alternatively, 30 minutes can be divided up into 10 minute intervals if you cannot escape the daily demands of your career for longer periods of time. For example, step out and drink a glass of ice cold water while you enjoy the comforting sunlight. You can even allot a 10 minute, mini-meditation session to clear your mind and recenter your thoughts.
# 4. Mini Meditation Sessions
Hold on just a second! Meditation?
Most people instantly get tight in the shoulders and simultaneously cringe their jaw when they hear the word, “Meditation.” Thinking something along the lines of, “I am no Monk and I have way too much on my plate to be able to clear my mind!
Breathe. It’s not what you think. Literally, just breathe.
- Focus on your breath. With each inhale and exhale, before you know it your focus has shifted to only the present moment, your breath.
- Bringing you into a very natural, but lucid state of being. It’s as simple as that. And it’s a foundation that you can always return to when it gets a little too crazy up in that brilliant mind of yours that brings those innovative ideas to improve business.
There are some pretty amazing advantages to adding Meditation to your daily routine that would not only engage you in your own creative processes on the deepest levels of your psyche but also disengage your mind and body from stress, especially the kind that comes along with being the leader in a successful business. There has been a study that says you may be able to avoid sleep deprivation by interchanging meditation for sleep, and that sounds pretty good since we can often feel like there’s just never enough hours in the day.
- Simply just creating a resting space for yourself allows you to come to a sense of calmness and clarity with a substantial recharge. This can be done through allowing a moment of silence to pass no matter what you’re doing. Perhaps, closing your eyes and taking some very slow and intentional deep breaths and holding that space of peace with you in your chair or on your ride to work.
- If you’re having a dull mental moment, writer’s block, a difficult client or anxiety before an upcoming meeting, know that you can always come back to that space you created for yourself. Another trick is to find one thing to be grateful for. Something as simple as clean water flowing over your hands as you wash them to freshen up before getting back to business.
In order to be a true innovator, you have to be able to create freely. It takes clarity, flow, and responsibility to be innovative and taking moments for self-care is vital to this process and may be one of the benefits from your routine that you are missing out on.
#5. Practice Being Fearless
“The things we fear most in organizations- fluctuations, disturbances, imbalances- are the primary sources of CREATIVITY.”
– Margaret J. Wheatley
If there is anything that we can do to act as a counter to something that is scary or standing in our way, it is to face it and learn from it. Oh, so many times in business do we run into obstacles and mishaps that feel scary because of the unknown, unnecessary because we’ve put in so much effort and relentless as if the timing couldn’t be worse. For example: A stock goes down, Money plummets, Management fails, Work ethic and morale declines, Competition rises, Computers crash, Orders get miscommunicated… the list goes on. Surely, you can relate or think of something that has made you feel this way.
Human Psychology leaves us to react to these stressors with a fight-or-flight response.
Fighting or facing it, fearlessly, head-on: can lead to some pretty miraculous experiences that shed light on some really worthy new ideas that can change business in ways never considered before.
- In contrast, tucking your tail in between your legs and becoming timid, afraid of failure or withstanding what else may not work out the way you hoped it to, will inevitably hinder the ability to be innovative and ultimately lead to failure, which if you’ve ever had your own business, you probably have experienced at some point.
- The only way to get an idea out there is to put it out there. The only way to see if something will work is to try it. Not everyone will accept it at first, especially if it is a brand new, never-heard-of idea and that is what causes fear to stir up inside. The unknown. But through your transformation of living fearlessly, you can achieve this amazing freedom and confidence that will give the momentum you need to get up to speed and stay there productively.
To practice being fearless: you have to be willing to sacrifice the judgments of others, to believe in yourself, to take those moments out for self-care that we talked about above, to allow yourself the space to calm down, get inspired and create and to know your worth and that no matter the challenge up ahead, you’re willing to face it head on and transform it into something you can utilize.
- You can incorporate this into your daily routine with positive thoughts and affirmations, intentional breathing and moments of self love in each routine added to this list, but most importantly, by making the choice to try something new!
Looking for routines that could make you a better innovator doesn’t have to be difficult.
A1A Limo offers several services that can help make your life more fulfilled, from Informative Articles to Business Transport, Wedding and Proms to Event Planning and even your very own Personal Concierge! Don’t limit yourself. Practice living fearless and try something new.
Written By: Dee Reason