“Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear,
wherever they might be.”
— Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman & CEO of Arcelor Mittal
A successful business professional never stops learning. Attending business conferences is great because there are always:
- Newer technologies being developed
- Innovative products entering the market
- Fresh methods of leadership being introduced
As you monitor new opportunities for growth, consider adding at least one of these upcoming business conferences to your travel calendar this fall.
InBound – The Top In Yearly Business Conferences
September 4-7, 2018
The main stage at Inbound presents speakers across multiple disciplines. Rather than surrounding yourself with like-minded peers, this conferences aims to get attendees to think outside of themselves.
The thinking behind this method is to show how macro trends change the future of sales and marketing.
Sharing the stage this year are:
Deepak Chopra—Best-Selling Author, Founder: Chopra Foundation
Shonda Rhimes—Award-Winning Writer, Executive Producer, Best-Selling Author
Tarana Burke—Activist, Founder: Me Too Movement
Ronan Farrow—Pulitzer Prize-Winning Investigative Reporter
Alex Rodriguez—Former Professional Baseball Player, Founder & CEO: A-Rod Corp
The city of Boston has a great historical district to explore.
- Take the Freedom Trail to landmarks like the Paul Revere House and Boston Common.
- Catch a baseball game at Fenway Park.
- Learn about the history of chocolate-making with a tour through the Back Bay.
You can’t leave Bean Town without trying the classic Boston Cream Pie.
- Try the original at Omni Parker House.
If you get to town early, you can catch the campfire music festival happening at nearby Club Passim from Aug. 31- Sept. 3.
Empower Yourself With Luxury
Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit
October 1-3, 2018
Laguna Niguel, CA
What started as Fortune’s list of Most Powerful Women has evolved into a leadership community for women in business.
This year’s theme of “Redefining Power,” will shape the event’s interviews, panels and breakout sessions with Top CEOs like:
- Michelle Gass of Kohl’s
- Kristalina Georgieva of The World Bank
- Michele Buck of Hershey
Other big names for this year’s conference include:
- NYSE President Amy Chang
- Singer/songwriter Jewel
Companies worldwide will have top executives in attendance:
- Goldman Sachs
- Bank of America
- American Express
To cool off after a long day of networking, go skim boarding at one of the area beaches or check out the tide pools.
If you stick around after the conference, every first Thursday of the month nearby Laguna Beach also hosts an Art Walk to several local galleries.
Looking To Hire An Event Shuttle?
October 11, 2018
This has even been called Europe’s “number one branding conference.” The venue is not your typical conference location.
For the second year, OnBrand will be held in an abandoned sugar factory outside Amsterdam. This may be only a one-day event, but, the networking potential is phenomenal.
This year’s speakers will include:
- Emanuele Madeddu—Executive VP of Global Brand Strategy at National Geographic
- Lisa Hogg—EMEA Marketing Director at TOMS
- Kristin Cardwell—VP of International Strategy and Business Development at Refinery29
Since the conference will only take up one day, you should stick around and enjoy your time in one of Europe’s creative centers.
To see the city like a local:
- Grab a bicycle and pedal on!
- Explore the artsy neighborhood of Jordaan.
- Take a guided boat tour through the canals.
- For the adventurous foodie, stop by a herring cart for a “broodje haring” or raw herring sandwich—a local delicacy.
Los Angeles, CA
This is not your average conference. This is a two-day inspirational whirlwind in the heart of Los Angeles, bringing together up-and-coming leaders from cultural influents to CEOs.
This summit explores the way media and cultural trends impact our business and personal worlds with attendees and presenters across 70 industries.
For an example of some of the awesome partnerships stemming from past years’ summits, see Lyft and Al Gore’s, “An Inconvenient Sequel”.
Some of this year’s presenters are:
- Doug Palladini—Global Brand President, Vans
- Sophia Amoruso—CEO & founder, Girlboss
- Kandee Johnson—Beauty & Lifestyle Expert & Creator, Youtube
- Steve Schnur—Worldwide Executive for Music, EA
While in LA, you can feel like a kid again with:
- A short ride out to the amusement park at the Santa Monica Pier
- Relax on the beach
- Rodeo Drive is as much a tourist attraction as it is a shopping district.
- Head there for the ultimate in retail therapy.
- Feed your inner foodie at the Grand Central Market, where you will find vendors representing all different cultures.
Hit The Town In Style
Fast Company Innovation Festival
New York, NY
One of the longer conferences, Fast Company’s Innovation Festival is not one to miss. With over 300 speakers and 150 sessions, there is much to learn.
The 10,000 attendees are global creators, leaders, and entrepreneurs coming together to move the world forward through innovation.
Speakers this year represent some of the world’s biggest companies and most iconic brands and news:
- Lisa Jackson—Apple: VP of Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives
- Albert Shum—Microsoft: CVP of Design
- Chip Bergh—Levi Strauss & Co.: President and CEO
- Jason Blum—Blumhouse Productions: Founder
- Several members of the News Team
- The Dodo
For this conference, attendees will be spending a week in the Big Apple.
There is no shortage of things to do in the City That Never Sleeps. During the week you can enjoy the NYC skyline from sunrise to sunset.
- Rockefeller Center is a must-see for anyone traveling to NYC.
- But, even better than seeing it from ground-level is the view from the Top of the Rock.
At least once, grab an authentic New York bagel for breakfast and a slice of New York Style pizza for lunch or dinner. Stop by the New York City Public Library for a little light reading to wind down.
Pick up something heavier if you really want to make the most of your learning experience. For connecting with colleagues after a session, stop by the Hudson Library Bar in Midtown West.
Global Impact Investor Network Forum
Oct 30-31, 2018
What better excuse to visit the “City of Lights” than business travel? Financial business professionals from around the world will be heading to Paris for this gathering. Meet active impact investors as those who are interested in getting into the practice.
Presenters include venture capitalists and innovators who are changing the industry and the way that capital markets work.
Attendees in 2018 will hear from:
- Sir Ronald Cohen—Philanthropist
- Gloria Coleman—Manger of Climate Finance, Climate Policy Initiative
- Adam Connaker—Senior Program Associate, The Rockefeller Foundation
- and many more…
While you’re in town, be sure to make the most of your adventure.
- Visit The Louvre and try the bread from a traditional French bakery.
- With famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe, there are plenty of opportunities for epic photos.
- For those who enjoy the macabre, no trip to Paris is complete without a trip to the Catacombs.
For more of a luxury experience, seek out some of the city’s secret clubs. Check out the Experimental Cocktail Club— the birthplace of the Parisian craft cocktail scene.
Paris Fact: The nickname “City of Lights” has nothing to do with lighting, per sé. The moniker stems from the city’s role as the birthplace of The Age of Enlightenment in Europe.
Nov 5-8, 2018
For the global business professional, this conference is a must-attend. One of the largest tech conferences in the world, Web Summit brings together 70,000 attendees from over 170 different countries. Talk about networking!
Held in Lisbon, Portugal, attending this conference could double as a “working vacation.”
- Visit the Lisbon Oceanarium, Europe’s largest indoor aquarium, for an up-close look at nearly 100 species of sea creatures.
- The Lisbon Casino is a great place to meet up with colleagues and fellow attendees after the conference.
- With its bars, restaurants, shows, and art exhibits, the Casino has something for everyone’s tastes.
Don’t Risk Getting Lost While Traveling Abroad
San Francisco, CA
Afrotech, the largest Black tech conference in Silicon Valley, presents 15 talks over two days from tech startup founders and employees. From these talks, attendees will learn tips and tricks for success and get a better understanding of how culture and tech shape today’s world.
This year’s lineup isn’t yet live as of this writing, but you can get a pretty good idea of what to expect from last year’s event.
Presenters in 2017 included:
- Rapper and Chamilitary Entertainment CEO Hakeem “Chamillionaire” Seriki
- Multi-talented activist/actor/entrepreneur Jesse Williams.
- Also, Scientists, researchers, and tech-leads from companies, such as:
Have also taken the Afrotech stage with industry advancements.
Talk about a great location! In sunny San Francisco, you can check out famous sights like:
- The Golden Gate Bridge
- Alcatraz Island
- Fisherman’s Wharf
Grab some authentic Chinese cuisine in one of San Fran’s four Chinatown districts.
To see how culture influences modern art, take a look at the over 29,000 works on display at The Museum of Modern Art.
Click Here For Limo Service Near Me
With service to over 850 cities worldwide, A1A Airport and Limousine service can get you wherever you need to go. Not only will our professional chauffeur service ensure that you arrive on time, we will even get you there early!
A1A can track your flight and have your driver ready to help you with your bags after a long day of traveling.
Try our app to book your airport limo today!