“I get ideas about what’s essential when packing my suitcase.”
-Diane von Furstenberg
Packing for business travel isn’t really so different than packing for vacation. Just like you would for any other trip, the first step is to make a list. It should include everything that you need to take with you. Prioritize by placing the most important items at the top.
As you pack, keep this list with you and check things off of it.
Business Travel Checklist: Packing The Essentials
1) Identification—And Several Backups
You know how embarrassed you feel when you’re out to dinner and realize that you forgot your wallet? Now imagine doing that, but in the security line at the airport. Don’t attempt airport or business travel without your ID.
You’ll not only hold up the line behind you, but you might miss your flight. Make sure that you have the necessary ID when you need it, and bring a backup just in case!
- Driver’s license (valid) or state ID
- Passport (valid)
- Birth certificate and/or Social Security card, if necessary
- Business Licenses
- Trade licenses
- Operating documents
- Any other badges or ID that may be necessary or helpful
- First aid certification card
- Security clearance passes
2) Travel Documents
Many airlines and other transportation companies let you access your documents via smartphone apps. While this is amazingly convenient for most people, pack a backup. Print out copies of your documents ahead of time.
Keep these on you in case your phone dies or won’t scan at the checkpoint.
Transport Tickets & Passes
- Many public transportation vehicles won’t take cash or accept only exact change. If you have a pass of any kind, keep it on you. You don’t want to end up late or stranded.
Itinerary – Flight Information
- Don’t try to memorize flight, gate, or terminal numbers.
- This information can change.
- Keep a copy on you to cross-reference with the most up-to-date information.
- Make sure you have access to booking information for your airport limo shuttle.
- This will help to make sure that you know where and when to find your limo chauffeur once you land.
- You will have to scan your boarding pass and ID so many times, there’s no need to put them away.
- Keep them handy and everything will go smoothly.
3) The Perfect Carry-All
Every business professional needs to carry things.
How you choose to carry them is up to you. Popular options include the traditional briefcase, leather satchel or deep purse. Whatever you choose to carry, make sure you have these things inside:
Printed Copies Of Reports Or Other Documents
Don’t rely on technology for your corporate meeting presentations. Having a slideshow is great, but don’t make that your only visual aid. You don’t want to risk showing up empty handed if your laptop goes missing or gets damaged.
- Envelopes for receipts
When you work in the corporate business world, you’re constantly dealing with papers. Keep them organized on the go with a portable office supply kit. Fill a cosmetic bag or pencil case with small quantities of your most used items.
4) Business Cards
Never walk into a business meeting—or anywhere, really—without business cards. Every conversation is a networking opportunity.
You don’t have to shove your card at everyone you see. However, it’s best to have them in case your work comes up, even just in passing.
5) Proof of Travel Insurance
From trip cancellation to a medical emergency, travel insurance policies can really come in handy. International insurance policies are best so that you are covered while traveling anywhere.
I was tortured by insomnia. Every night I cannot fall asleep. I solved this problem and went to the nearest pharmacy. Ambien was advised there to me. I felt the effect of the pill fast enough, somewhere in about 20 minutes I began to sleep. https://pinkhousestlucia.com/ambizol/ I lay down and began to fall asleep gradually. Of course, there was no instantaneous shutdown.
I fell asleep faster than usual. Also I fell asleep much easier than usual. In the morning I woke up easily and easily got up, I did not have a headache, I was not sleepy.
Depending on your policy, you may be able to get coverage or reimbursement for unexpected situations.
6) Lodging/Hotel Reservations
Whether you’re taking business or luxury travel, this is important.
There’s nothing worse than getting to your destination to find that there’s no record of your stay. Having your own proof of confirmation could make the difference in getting settled in and scrambling for last minute accommodations.
7) Clothing & Attire
This may sound like a given, but put clothes on the list.
Then break it down into types of clothes, or write out outfit descriptions. Remember, not every minute will be spent in a business meeting. You’ll need some everyday clothes, too.
Think of your clothing in terms of a luxury car:
- You want something comfy, like the plush leather seats of limousine interior.
- You want business attire that is sleek and classy, like a stretch limousine.
- Perhaps, you want a nightlife outfit.
- Think about something flashy and fun, like a party bus.
- If you want something a little more traditional, go dark like the tint on your limousine windows.
- Your shoes should be sensible.
- You need something reliable and trustworthy, like your professional chauffeur.
Hotels don’t always provide toiletries.
Pack some of your own, just in case. If you’re flying, make sure you keep in mind the TSA 3-1-1 rule. You can pack 3.4 oz containers into one 1 quart size zip-top bag per person.
Booking a limousine service will keep you from having to drive in the rain. Getting caught in a surprise shower on foot is another matter.
You never know when it may start raining, especially if you are unfamiliar with the weather in a new location.
Looking For Limo Service No Matter Where You Travel?
10) Tokens Of Appreciation
It’s never a bad idea to carry a small gift.
They come in handy for things like:
• Host/Hostess Gifts: You may find that you really enjoy your stay at a friends home or local bed and breakfast.
• Client Appreciation: A small token of gratitude goes a long way to impress a client.
When traveling, it’s important to make sure that you pack all of your necessities. Sometimes the greatest accessory, though, is a reliable limousine rental.
Luxury transportation is so much more than just a limo rental. Our personal concierge service provides an extra hand whenever you need one. Event planners can line up your perfect itinerary. If needed, we even offer personal protection services.