Does your work space look as if a tornado just passed through?
Where’s all those important sticky notes? You keep telling yourself you’ll dedicate the time to organize, but procrastination has you beat. Staying organized is the key to success.
A workplace is also a second home, since generally you’re there for the majority of the week. Your desk is your own personal space in your home away from home, your colleagues are like trusted neighbors.
Being a good neighbor is also making sure your home isn’t an eyesore for others.
Higher Productivity & Accuracy
The messy papers that clutter up your desk can be very distracting at times and sometimes we’d rather file them away than get to the nitty gritty of our work.
Fortunately, those who commit even a few minutes each day to keeping their work space clean can reduce or eliminate many of the work space distractions altogether.
- Getting too distracted? By tidying your work space, you’ll be able to minimize distractions that otherwise could make you less productive and less valuable to your organization. It also increases the accuracy of your work: if you know where everything is, there’s little room for error.
- Can’t find your pen? Keeping an organized work space ensures you’ll always know where everything is. For those who want to be able to find work files and documents quickly and effortlessly, a clean work space is essential.
Reduced Stress Levels
Believe it or not, a disorganized work space typically leads to a scattered mind.
Clutter can cause higher stress levels that make any work task even more difficult to complete.
- Stressed at work? An organized work space, on the other hand, may help you reduce stress and bolster your day-to-day productivity by minimizing unnecessary distractions.
Getting rid of this clutter makes remembering important dates and tasks much easier because everything is accessible right in front of you.
- The reduction of stress also allows your creativity to flow freely. Not worrying about where things are or when you’ll have time to clean next lets your mind focus on creating.
Therefore, take the time to keep your work space organized, and you’ll be able to avoid the stress commonly associated with a messy work environment.
You Can Improve Your Health
Did you know your keyboard could have more germs than a toilet seat?
Not for every situation, but if you’re not careful it could be!
How can you prevent such travesty?
1) Disinfectant wipes, always keep disinfectant wipes on standby. You’ll never know when you’ll need it. Eating lunch at your desk could get a little messy.
- With less germs floating around, there’s less chance of catching something terrible, like the flu. Keeping the flu and common cold at bay is easy if you keep your work space clean.
2) Hand sanitizer, come in all shapes, sizes, and scents to keep your hands clean and smelling fresh. It goes a long way for your health and your work place.
- Those icky germs are everywhere— especially on devices that your fingers are constantly tapping away on. Your phone, keyboard and even your stapler at work can all contain the germs needed to get you sick, and ultimately call out from work.
3) Microfiber cloths, reduce the chance of airborne dust declaring war with your allergies. By wiping down your work space windowsills, fans or other places that can accumulate dust.
- You’ll want to do whatever you can to avoid getting sick and missing work. If you maintain a clean work space (and make use of some Lysol spray) you’ll be able to keep your desk free of germs or viruses that might cause long-lasting health issues.
4) Keyboard Vacuum, makes sure to get every speck from every single office crevice that accumulates over time.
- Not only is this good for your health, it’s also good for your keyboard’s health, it extends the life of your working tool, your laptop / desktop.
Make A Positive First Impression
You only get one chance to make a first impression.
A positive first impression can go a long way toward fostering a long-term business relationship and a clean work space will make it easier for you to showcase your commitment to excellence any time you meet with a colleague or client.
- Impress workplace visitors by devoting the necessary time and resources to clean up your work space. By doing so, you’ll be better equipped to make a portray an image of competence and professionalism on peers and customers consistently.
- Remember, your work space serves as a reflection of who you are as a business professional, so you’ll want to do everything you can to ensure your work space offers a distraction-free work environment.
A1A Limo hopes these tips help you improve your work life and your success in business. A1A Limo provides the best ground transportation service from getting you to your business meeting / workplace efficiently as well as on time!
Hiring a professional limousine service is not only classy, but it also makes you look like a boss walking out of your luxurious ride to your business meeting looking fresher than a salad wearing your business suit. (What an epic entrance) .
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you make a great impression during your next business outing.